Thursday, February 12, 2015

Notes to My Future Self #1

Notes to My Future Self

April 2013: Being thankful

When I came back home and was unlocking the front door, like I've done hundreds of times, a thought suddenly struck me: how lucky I am to be holding this key, and having a home to return to. To me, it's a daily routine, unlocking my door and coming home, but for some people its a luxury that they may not have, that they desperately wish for.
And every little thing I do now, from drinking a bottle of ice tea, to typing on my laptop, every little thing which seemed so natural and came so easily to me, I see with new eyes. I see that every thing that I take for granted every day, may be something that someone else could only dream of, something that someone had never had the chance to do, and may never will.
And I realize how lucky I am. Not just to have all this, but to actually be aware and realise my fortune, that in itself is such a blessing. Thank you Allah, for opening my eyes. Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah for all the blessings in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment