Thursday, February 12, 2015

Reflection turns to Shadow

Today I was your mirror. I was the reflection of everything you did. 
We left our houses, locked the door.
You jangled your keys, and I put mine in my pocket. 
You took out your white earphones, I took out my black ones. 
We put them on at the same time, 
and when we noticed our 'reflections' 
of each other 
on the opposite sides of the street,
we glanced at each other. 

You dropped your pen, we both stopped.
You picked it up and looked at me again, 
then continued walking. 
I let you walk in front of me, slightly embarrassed. 

Now I became your shadow. 
You ran across the road to catch the green light, 
I ran close behind your heels. 
You walked swiftly, but glanced back 
and saw me still behind you. 
Did you notice me becoming your shadow? 

We walked all the way to the same building, 
such a coincidence that I couldn't believe it. 
And then we went our separate ways. 

For 10 minutes of my life, 
I was aware of your existence, 
and you existed in my thoughts, 
and you mattered to me. 

Was it the same for you, Mr Stranger?

No comments:

Post a Comment