Thursday, February 12, 2015

Shower

I stood there, every muscle in my body rigid, almost snapping under the tension. 
I could hear the blood pounding in my ears. 
Every drop of water falling sounded like a meteor hitting the ground. 
Every second felt like eternity. 

I took a deep breath. I knew I couldn't stay there forever. 

It was a risky move, and I knew that one small mistake could mean death, but there was no choice. It's now or never, I told myself. 
Screwing my eyes shut, in a flurry of movement I simultaneously pressed the off button and literally vaulted out of the tub into my towel. 

Bracing myself and gathering my courage, I did it.

I got out of the shower.

(P.S. Only people suffering from the freezing cold weather will understand this. My dear Malaysian family and friends, you can stop scratching your head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment