Monday, February 16, 2015

Tales of the Supernatural #1 Don't Look Back

If you're a close friend of mine, you'd know that I absolutely love listening and collecting stories of the supernatural. As memory is an unreliable source, I've decided to write down the stories I've heard from people (and some I've experienced myself) to share with my dear readers.

Even if you don't believe in ghosts and spirits, I hope these stories at least provide you some entertainment (and perhaps some chills down your back), as well as provide an interesting look into the cultures of the people who recounted these stories.


First up, I thought I'd start it off with a light one, not too terrifying in case I scare some people off :P


#1: Don't look back


When I was a child, my grandmother used to tell me stories of spirits, and certain superstitious rules that I should follow to avoid getting in some supernatural trouble. One of them goes like this: if you are alone in a room or in the house, and you hear someone calling your name. When you look back there's definitely no one there. If this goes on, and the second time you look back, there is no one there again, the third time you hear your name being called, you MUST NOT look back. If you did, you'd see something terrible, and it may even be the last thing you would ever see again.


One afternoon, I was home alone after school, and was sitting in the living room, doing my schoolwork. I heard someone call my name, and looked back expecting to see my sister coming home from tuition class, but there was no one there. Getting up to go to the toilet, I heard my name being called again, this time much more loudly. I turned back again, but no one was there. Feeling chills creep up my neck, I proceeded to walk to the toilet, and just as I reached the door, I heard it again. My name being called, loud and clear, as if the person was standing right behind me.


I did not look back the third time.


If this ever happened to you, would you dare look back that third time? Let me know what happens if you do.



1 comment:

  1. Since my name was being called, loud and clear, as if the person was standing right behind me....
    I will turn back with both my hands at my waist and shouted loudly, "WHAT??? WHAT DO YOU WANT???"
    hahahaha.... if it was "The Thing".... i would have scared it off....

    ReplyDelete